LBC Umbrella Organizations are organizations who support and work with LBC to carry out its mission to eradicate ignorance and promote positive change through education, motivation and advocacy for Black students at Mizzou. Umbrella Organizations are called upon to provide feedback on constitutional amendments, co-programming requests, new Umbrella Organization requests, LBC initiatives and programs, and other matters related to improving the status of Black students on Mizzou’s campus.
Umbrella Organizations are required to attend and actively participate in LBC’s bi-weekly senate meetings, and work in conjunction with LBC and other Umbrella Organizations to plan events. Umbrella Organizations are able to co-program with LBC and request up to $500 in co-programming funds to $500 per academic year for and must follow the guidelines listed. Organizations wishing to become an LBC Umbrella Organization must go through an application process, abide by the LBC Umbrella Organization Contract, present at one (1) exec board meeting, present at one (1) general body meeting and be voted in by current Umbrella Organizations. If your organization is interested in becoming an Umbrella Organization, please contact LBC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following are current LBC Umbrella Organizations:
- Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.
- African Students Association
- Black Business Students Association
- Black Pre-Law Students Association
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
- The IMPACT Movement
- Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
- Legion of Black Collegians Gospel Choir
- Minority Association of Pre-Health Students
- National Association of Black Accountants
- National Association of Black Journalists
- National Society of Black Engineers
- Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc.
- Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc.
- Target H.O.P.E.