The following are a list of scholarships available for the 2019 Big XII Conference.
- Clarence Wine Outstanding Big XII Council of the Year
- Most Improved Big XII Council of the Year
- Robert Page, Jr. Award for Outstanding Non Big XII Council of the Year
- Dyric Burt Big XII Outstanding Freshman of the Year
- Outstanding Big XII Sophomore of the Year
- Outstanding Big XII Junior of the Year
- Outstanding Big XII Senior of the Year
- Outstanding Non-Big XII Freshman of the Year
- Outstanding Non-Big XII Sophomore of the Year
- Outstanding Non-Big XII Junior of the Year
- Robert Page, Jr. Award for Outstanding Non Big XII Senior of the Year
- Alvin Ailey Award
- Barbara Jordan Award
- Martin Luther King Jr. Award
- Mickey Leland Award
- Nelson Mandela Award
- Brenda Burt Outstanding Advisor of the Year Award
- Most Outstanding Freshman Action Team of the Year Award (See the 2019 FAT Book Criteria Packet)
All applications this year will be due Wednesday, January 30 at 11:59PM via a DropBox link. The link in which you will submit your application is noted within the 2019 Big XII Conference on Black Student Government Scholarship and Awards Packet. Each type of award (council, cash, and recognition) will have its own unique DropBox link. It is extremely important that you submit your final and completed application to the proper link.
In the 2019 Big XII Conference on Black Student Government Scholarship and Awards Packet you will notice a submission form for each type of award (council, cash, and recognition). It is important that the submission form is complete and includes proper signatures upon submission. The submission form will serve as you “cover sheet” of your overall application.
Tip: There is a site called https://smallpdf.com that allows you to “Merge PDFs.” We recommend doing this when combining your application into one complete PDF. As mentioned, the submission form will serve as your first page, followed by other documents (I.e., essay, resume, transcript, etc.) To seamlessly combine the submission form and your other documents, use this site.
Recognition Awards – Letter of Recommendation
If applying for a recognition award, please note that some of them require a letter of recommendation(s). Please follow the instructions listed in the 2019 Big XII Conference on Black Student Government Scholarship and Awards Packet to ensure that you have your person submit your letter of recommendation under the unique file name to: https://www.dropbox.com/request/Vlp45Q6BbZ7Do4yyuE4Q this will also be due by the deadline January, 30 at 11:59PM.
Yay for technology!
All applications will be submitted digitally this year. No postmarking or mailing will be required! Just make sure you include all the necessary documents into ONE complete application PDF and upload it to the designated DropBox link for your award category (council, cash, and recognition) and you’re good to go!
Confirmation emails will be sent out within 1-2 days of receiving your application. Should you have any questions or concerns, please direct them to Denajha Phillips, at firstname.lastname@example.org.